Thursday 14 July 2011

Classy Waxing!


Yay it's holiday season and bikinis are being donned after hiding in the drawer all year. As exciting as that prospect is it also comes with the fear of having to get "down there" sorted out. Yes thats right the old waxing ritual starts again.

Now if you're lazy like me you will only be doing this before the annual holiday or if I happen to be going through a rare active dating streak. So you can imagine it's been a while. It's never an enjoyable experience, the humiliation of having you nether regions exposed (second only to the equally humiliating visit to the gynacologist) and then there is the pain, the redness and the dreaded feeling knowing you will have to go back again before the next beach outing.

This time I thought I would do some research before I made my appointment and read some reviews. I learnt a lot in my evaluation and found out where not to go (I wont list these places unless I have tested them out myself).

Then I came across Urban Wax online. It got great reviews and they have a fantastic website with all you need to know before you bare all!! www.urbanwax.com
They even have a page with advice for Brazilian virgins, what will happen, advice and tell you not to be embarrassed!

What surprised me was the choice of bikini waxes that they do. Gone are the days of the choice of three bikini, californian and brazilian.

Urban Wax do nine types of bikini waxing. Aswell as their Classic, Hollywood and Brazillian they also do the Urban "Ohh Natural" (natural on top  bare underneath), Extended bikini,  the Express (between an extended bikini and a brazillian, the Cheeky bum (you can use your imagination), Urban Mama (pregnancy brazillian) and finally the Urban outrageous ( Hollywood and crystals).

Phew too much to choose from and handy to know they can attend to your needs whatever the waxing emergency! Not only that but they use a range of amzing Australian waxes from Caron. These include a Brilliance was made with coconut, Deluxe strawberry cream wax and a Romance wax with rose essence. Yum they sound delish!

In the end I opted for  the Express just in case so that I can wear my skimpier bikinis on hols. The girls were great, really made me feel at ease. The wax was at the perfect temperature (unlike other scary experiences I've had!) and I have to say it was the least painful waxing experience so far. Even without the use of their "No Scream Cream" which anethsetises the area before waxing. Clever idea eh!

So now im hair free and happy again and ready for the beach! Thanks Urban Wax!

Are you scared of bikini waxes?

Can you recommend anywhere for a great wax?

Any Brazillian virgins out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment