Sunday 19 June 2011

Apricot Crush


Ok so in order to tell you about my new fashion obsession, I have to admit to the cringe-worthy fact that I watch Made In Chelsea. Yes very embarrassing and it really only hapenned by accident as I was flicking through channels and came across these slightly annoying but stylishly dressed starlets. One episode and I was hooked, waiting to see what they would wear next. You could even watch it with the sound down if needed.

Anyway there I was kicking back to drool over the latest style offerings when I fell in love. This dress worn by Caggie in Cannes ("oooh excuse me"!) is so beautiful but the best thing about it is the colour. This shade of apricot is far enough away from yellow to be worn on Irish skin but still not quite an orange which doesn't always work with freckles. Its by the Australian designer Zimmerman and of course is completely sold out. So I went hunting around to see if I could satisfy my apricot thirst elsewhere. This is what I found:


ASOS is my one stop shop today. I found this cute day dress for 57euro completely adorable and the colour is fairly close.


And this little beauty also from ASOS for 38 euros.Can just imagine myself at the cocktail bar in cannes wearing this. aaaahhhhh.

If a full dress in yellow is slightly scaring you though how about this little blouse, it would be amazing with indigo jeans and a tan clutch bag, only 45 euro at ASOS.



To finnish off the look I found this Atlas bag, its 95 euro but absolutely worth it.

And finally just for fun and if you are feeling daring enough, how about a splash of apricot on your nails. Here is a really cute polish from POP only 8 euro.

What a relief my apricot thirst has finally been quenched. Thank you ASOS!

2 comments:

  1. thank you soo much! i couldnt find the dress anywhere. i love that dress too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. No probs, th eproblem is it seems to be sold out everywhere I try. Got a very similar version in H&M today in white for only 19 euro its really cute! Got the sweetheart bust exactly the same and it's very Cannes!!!

    ReplyDelete