Friday 3 June 2011

Teasing the tresses



It's that time of the year again when I can get more playful with my hair. I can get very lazy at times and just do a quick rushed blowdry on my way into work and hope for the best. I have long strawberry blonde hair so I really have no excuse not to try some new things, especially when It really is easy.

I started to have a look around for inspiration and found these three cute styles to try.



I absolutely love this ponytail. It's cute and plyful and really handy for the beach if you are swimming or sunbathing. This will work best if the hair is not just freshly washed. I would recommend using some texturising spray like the one from Charles Worthington, it will give the hair more body and also a better grip and hold. Run your fingers through the hair to disperse the product and throw you hair upside down to add even more body. Then smooth hair from the front using a large paddle brush and secure tightly with a small band. Add three more bands to the pont tail spaced along the length and roughen up the hair inbetween each band to get this messy look. Add any hairband you fancy and voila!!!


This is my fail safe Summer beach hair and so easy to do. After washing your hair spray liberally with a sea salt spray, I like Lee Stafford Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray.


Then run your fingers through your hair to seperate the strands and spread the product. You can either leave your hair to dry naturally or i sometimes use a diffuser to quicken the process and give volume. I also find that if a twist strands of hair as I'm drying them is adds curl. Like the gorgeous Kate Hudson here you can use tongs to curl the front sections and brush out to add more waves to the front. 



I like this look for nighttime on holidays. Again it works best on unwashed hair. For added height a great product is Umbertto Gianni "Back comb in a bottle". When sprayed on to the roots it gives textured volume and adds height to up-dos without actually backcombing and damaging your hair. Spray this at the roots and crown and juzzsh the hair a little. Then grab hair up as if you were going to make a pony tail and pull through a hair elastic but not all the way, then pull hair back through a couple of times until the band is tight and grips hair. Pull out a few strands around the face and from the bun. Here it looks cut with a Grecian hairband but I would add a big flower for a Summery/ beach feel.

Do you have any good hair style suggestions? Can you reccomend any good styling products that could make Summer hair simple??

No comments:

Post a Comment