Monday 6 June 2011

Tan Enhancer?

Oooooo I'm counting down. Only two days to go until I'm lying on the beach soaking up the sun. So thought I would take a little trip to boots to stock up on sun protection before I go. Now I wouldn't say I'm particularly loyal to any one brand in particular and since Boots are great at doing 2 for 1 I normally just pick the cheapest and be done with it. I always start with at least factor 25 because of my pasty Irish skin but I have been know to reduce down to 15 on the last couple of days though! Yes naughty me.

Anyhoo I was perusing the shelves when I came across this new addition to the Nivea sun-care range. It's the new Nivea protect and Bronze. No I have tried tan maximisers before as aftersun and sun-lotion but when you get down to the bones of it, it's just aftersun plus self tan. Which in itself is a clever idea but I found that it was ending up a little streaky especially around my hands and feet.


However this new clever little product claims to have no self tan in the ingredients at all but instead has a natural plant extract that helps support the skin's own melanin production for an even tan. Naturally I got excited as I'm a sunbaker at heart and when I'm not sunbathing I'm normally using fake tan. I checked around a few message boards and reviews and so far it seems to have gotten a great reaction so Im volunteering as a guinea pig to try this out on my hols and let you know how I get on. If I end up anywhere near the colour of this sun nymph, I'll be a very happy camper indeed!!



Anybody tried this before? Any good tips on getting a smooth even tan?

No comments:

Post a Comment