Sunday 5 June 2011

Pil Pil Prawn Pasta



This is the best and quickest pasta recipe I have ever found and a definite favourite! I am an absolute pasta hound and could eat it any day of the week, so combined with my almost equal love of prawns, chilli and garlic well this is an absolute dream of a dish.

The idea came from a dish I often have in Spain when I visit called 'Gambas Pil Pil'. It consists of king prawns baked in the oven in olive oil, heaps of dries chilli and garlic and is served with chunks of rustic bread. It is a perfect Meditteranean dish and reminds me of holidays.

At home I thought about how to recreate this dish as a main course and pasta really is the perfect compliment for these flavours.

This is the easiest recipe to make and takes minutes:
Cook pasta until 'al dente'. Meanwhile heat two tablespoons of olive oil, when hot add a teaspoon of dried chilli flakes and one large clove of garlic finely chopped. Let these sizzle for a minute and then add your prawns. These only need to re-heat and absorb the flavours so another minute of cooking time will be plenty.

Drain the pasta and add the prawns to the cooking pot and toss through. Serve immediately with plenty of freshly grated parmesan, salt and pepper.

This is perfect for a light lunch with a crispy green salad and a good catch up with the girls. Mmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment