Wednesday 27 July 2011

The New Denim.


Ha ha ha ha ha, I am easily amused but still can't stop laughing at this picture. I do have a bit of a fear of anything denim that's not jeans right now. It's an inbuilt  reaction after seeing first hand all of the scary stonewashed/ bleached denim (and double denim!!! shudder shudder!) of the 80's. However I decided I needed to get my head around it since denim has been starting to creep back onto the catwalks and into Celeb wardrobes of late.

Against my better judgement I started to look around and see could denim be cute? I must admit I was pleasantly surprised what I found out there.
Topshop denim playsuit €47

This was a good start. I love playsuits for Summer and because this is a nice smooth look denim it soothed away my fear of stonewashed boiler suits immediately. It is a good price too so that if I decided I was going to take the plunge into alternative denim then I wouldn't have to spend a fortune to do it. And if it's good enough for Cameron it's good enough for me.

Wow the denim jacket has come a long way!
Free people €102
 This one is super cute, kinda half shirt/half jacket and the beauty of this is that it goes over everything from light summer dresses, festival shorts, patterned jumpsuits to harem pants. www.freepeople.com. I warn you with this website though because everything is amazing and you will not know when to stop spending!
Topshop Bralet €18
OK so I may have gone a bit Thelma and Louise here but how cute is this denim bra? The man in your life will appreciate it. Trust me!
J Crew €72
The classic denim shirt but in this case the fabric feels as soft as silk and looks so cute tucked into a bright pencil skirt and worn with wedges.
Drew Barrymore rocks it here with white!
Denim dresses can be a big mistake if done wrong. For me the trick is keep it simple, the less detail the better. Tommy Hilfiger completely get it right with this cute Summer dress.
Tommy Hilfigger €61 (available from Macys.com)

Jessica Alba is always spot on fashion wise and this Isabel Maurant dress is amazing. I want one.

So I'm definitely convinced. I will take it slowly as I enter the world of denim but if designers keep producing the quirky denim pieces that are out right now I can see myself becoming a complete convert.

Have you had any dodgy denim mistakes?

Worn double denim in the past?

Come on fess up?

No comments:

Post a Comment