Tuesday 26 July 2011

LUSHous


Ahhh total bliss.... After a long day at work my greatest pleasure is slipping into a steaming hot bubble bath and soaking until my fingers turn pruny! Alas I could not enjoy this satisfying ritual to the max without my bath treats from Lush.
I first discovered this amazing handmade cosmetics store through a cosmetic addict friend of mine when she bought me my first bath bomb to cheer me up after a particularly harsh break up and I have been a huge fan ever since. Of course since then I have tried most Lush products and they do everything from shower gels, shampoos, face masks to massage oils (ooooh sexy!). But to do their products justice I will have to re-visit all ranges at a later date as this would be the longest post in the world if I was to talk about everything I like.

Since the bath products are my overall favorites I thought I would share with you my top three Bath bombs and Bath melts and bubble bars.
My first experience was a bath bomb. It is normally a hard powdery textured ball of loveliness which when dropped into a hot bath dissolves and fizzes releasing the amazing oils and ingredients into you bath for you to soak in and relax.
1) Honey Bee. This was my first experience and for that reason it will always remain a favorite. It smells edible like honey/caramel but has amazing cleansing qualities (rhassoul mud) which leave you skin clean and baby soft.

2)Tisty Tosty. This is a bomb of seduction or romance. Its rose essence infuses throughout the bath and makes a girl feel like a princess as she soaks in a bath of flower petals. Gorgeous.

3)Butterball. This is a classic old timer that NEVER gets old. This is a good moisturizing bomb as it releases cocoa butter into the water as it melts which is absorbed easily as your pores will be open with the heat of the bath.


For a more silk moisturizing (and less fizzy bath!) try one of Lush's gorgeous bath melts. These vary from the bombs in that they contain more oils and moisturizing properties than the bombs and normally feel silkier to the touch.
1)Floating Island. This was my favourite melt for a long time. Its creamy and smells like vanilla and is a treat for the skin. Its simple but very effective.

2)Dreamtime. This is one for a just before bed bath. I find it personally best on a Sunday evening when the hangover is starting to wear off. It releases sandalwood, lavender and jasmine and relaxes the whole body and mind so that once i slip into my jammies I'm asleep before you can say goodnight. Zzzz Zzzz

3)Marshmallow moment. Now I am known to love sugary sweet things, especially in cosmetics. My perfumes are always sugary sweet. So this melt is a dream come true. It smells or marshmallow and also has cocoa butter so when you hop out of the bath you smell good enough to eat. Yum!


Bubble bars used to be my last choice when choosing a bath product but just because I would normally get swayed by bombs and melts before I got that far, however lately they have become a bit of a new favorite. I can often be found with a chilled glass of rose, hair up and lounging in bubbles like Alexis in Dynasty. Fabulous darling! Bubble bars need to be crumbled into the bath as the bath is still running and this helps whip up the bubbles. The great thing about these instead of regular bubble bath is that they are also intensely moisturizing aswell as opposed to some bubble liquids.
1)Amandopondo. This has the scents of rose, lemon and orange. It is great for a day time bath as it helps give me energy and feel fabulous all at the same time.

2) Karma. This is sexy and spicy and the scent floats around the house giving a sultry feel to an evening. Possibly a good one for a shared bath! (wink wink!)

3) French kiss. This lavender scented bubble bar is meant to evoke a feeling of Spring in Provence and it even has it's own little lavender sprig which infuses into the bath when melted.

So if you haven't already checked out Lush then treat yourself to a bath tonight with one of their amazing treats. You will tahnk me for it believe me.
Also check out all their other amazing products, I will definitely revisit some of these at a later date, I can't resist.

Until then happy bathing!

No comments:

Post a Comment