Tuesday 12 July 2011

McQueen Day Dream


On waking up to this amazing photograph of Kate Middleton and Prince William, I should have guessed whose design this dress was. It could only be Alexander Mcqueen. I fell in love immediately, epecially because of the colour this soft shade of lilac/silver is really complimentary on Kate and the silk chiffon fabric flows exquisitly as she walks.

I have always been a huge fan of Alexander Mcqueen. He was known for his creative and theatrical talents and was definitely my favourtite Brittish designer of all time. He emphasis on extravagance and luxury were his trademarks and I can only blame him for my obsession with wanting a skull scarf in 2008. It was a shock to the fashion world when he died in 2010 at the age of forty. He has been an inspiration to many people and certainly to me.

One would worry if Sarah Burton ( Mcqueen's former assistant) would be up for the job when she took over as Creative director following his death. However she has impressed us all with her talent, by following the creativeness and beauty of Mcqueen's designs but also adding her own flair.

This is only one of many Mcqueen dresses that have caught my eye this year and although they are completely out of my price range its eye candy that I cant resist.


This amazing McQueen silk printed dress as worn by Mila Kunis at the SAG 2011 awards is gorgeus, really daring and completely sexy.

                                    
I adore this Mcqueen gown. The satin fabric is a fantastic contrast with the Roman inspired sequined bodice and was cleverly chosen and worn by Anna Paquin at the 2011 Emmy Awards.




Sarah has gone above and beyond what was expected of her and you can see the respect and dedication she had to Alexander in the work and diligence she spends on her designs.



This has to be my ultimate favourite from Spring/Summer 2011, it reminds me of a former obsession I had with this ruffle dress Sarah Jessica Parker wore in Sex in the city. But it's even more beautiful.


I will leave now to dream about silk and ruffles and feathers and corsets and of course will be back to drool over the Mcqueen Autumn/Winter collection very soon.

Do you dream of Mcqueen?

Who is your favourite Brittish Fashion designer?

No comments:

Post a Comment