Thursday 12 April 2012

The Elusive Sephora



I first discovered Sephora on a trip to Las Vegas a couple of years ago where i walked around in wonder at the array of beauty, cosmetics and body products drooling and wondering why we dont have such a shop in Ireland. Since then I have discovered Sephoras in a few locations across Europe making us the only country not to have copped on yet to supply us Sephora addicts! Very disappointing!

On my last trip to the Canaries I discovered a cute little Sephora section tucked away amongst the cosmetic counters in El Corte Ingles. I was delighted (My boyfriend not so much) I spent an hour going through all the products testing them and stocking up on my favourites to take home. (Sorry boyf!). So I thought I would share with you my top Sephora must haves.


The Sephora head to toe hydrator is basically a magic potion of moisturisers. It is a fairly recent discovery but im completely hooked. I use it on my face and dry areas of my body like hands and elbows and decollatage. It says it can be used on the ends of your hair too, I am yet to try this but sounds like a great tip.


Ahh yes the trusty Sephora atomiser. I have three of these on the go. All my perfumes are large bottles and way too heavy to cart around in my handbag or for travelling so these atomisers are fantastic. Yes you can probably get the equivalent in Irish cosmetic shops but the fact that it's Sephora makes it special in my eyes. I have a different perfume in each one so that i know which is which but actually when you are finished your perfume in one of these you can put a totally different one in the next time with out any overlap of fragrance!


My sister once brought me this back from a trip to Barcelona, it was also my birthday and i have never been so excited by a present in my life. My most favourite eyeshadow ever was an amazing galaxy brown colour that I bought in Las Vegas and has since been discontinued so she got me this giant palatte to make up for it. I am still using it today and I love it. The eyeshadows are rich deep pigments and the blushers are great as there is different colours to match your complexion as it changes all year round.


This primer was an exciting new find. I had alwasy been a huge fan of the smashbox primer followed by the Loreal studio secrets for when i was on a budget. This Primer by Sephora is a great price and feels so silk smooth when applying to the face. It seemed to fill in any wrinkles and give a younger appearence. My make up always goes on much more smoothly afterwards and lasts longer throughtout the day. A definite must have.


I have slowly been adding to my Sephora make-up brush collection throught my trips. They are fantastic quality and a really good price compared to a lot offered on the market. This was anew addition powderbrush I bought on the last trip. It is soft on the face and washes like new. One day I hope to own the whole lot..... One can but dream


Have you discovered the pull of Sephora yet? Can you reccomend any products? What is your favourite beauty brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment