Sunday 29 May 2011

My best friend Cindy

Following on from yesterday's blog about getting ready for stepping out in my bikini for the first time this Summer, I thought I would fill you in on the best workout dvd I have ever tried. I have literally tried most dvds on the market and although this is one of the oldest, it is still the best.

I found Davina McCall's too aerobic, Elle Mcphearson's dvd didn't contain enough toning sections and although I have sampled a few, I don't really want to work out with anyone from Coronation St, Eastenders or a Pop group.

Good old Cindy Crawford. She powers through the workouts making it look effortless and encourages you along the way. I find her inspiring too because she IS curvy and has a proper woman's body but she is just super toned! There is no point getting ideas into your head that by working out you will end up size zero and fabulous, all you can do is improve your own body shape and that's exactly what Cindy does.



I have always used the first dvd "Shape your Body" It tackles all parts of the body, legs, arms, bums and abs and there are two seperate routines, so I find if I alternate between both I get a good all round workout.


But I have just invested in a second dvd called "The Next Challenge" It's quite different to the first one in that it focuses on the arms quite substantially and I used my 3 pound weights for the excersises. Also this dvd has a good portion of aerobic routines which the other dvd didn't have. All in all It's great to have both so that I can dip in and out and concentrate on certain areas that need attention.



Of course right now I'm trying to be really good because the hols are looming but I have been known to abandon these dvds under boxsets every now and again, when i resort to lying on the couch and eating cake, however for the minute I will use the bikini motivation that i currently have to force myself to stick to it for as long as I can.


Can I work out? Yes I can!!!!!!!

What are your favourite work out Dvds? Can you reccomend me something to pull me away from my Cindy obsession?

No comments:

Post a Comment