Sunday 22 May 2011

Testing the Waters of Internet Dating.

It's been at the back of my mind for ages to be brave and try internet dating. To be honest I was probably putting it off as long as possible but lately It's started to become clear that it might be a good option. I'm not getting any younger and visions have started to haunt me of myself in 20 years time talking to myself and my thirteen cats while children throw eggs at my door and call me a witch.

Ok so i might have been watching too many Disney films or Bridget Jones but Mr Prince Charming is not just going to show up at my door so It's time to step up and be pro-active. So a few weeks ago (after a glass or two of sauvignon blanc!) i joined a dating website. I hadn't thought too much about how it works before hand but after 3 pages of application forms I began to doubt maybe I wasn't the best catch after all. It's very difficult to sell ones-self especially if you lack confidence like me and the temptation to lie about career or skinniness was very seductive. However i remained true to self as that's what I would expect my "future husband" to do also.

Twenty minutes in and i already had four emails and two winks. Very exciting, that was until I clicked into their profiles. Two of the men were well into their 60's (sugar daddies no thank you!) and one wrote "Fancy a shag?" and kindly had left me his mobile number in case I was feeling particularly desperate and fancied a bit of how's your father with a total stranger. I'm proud to say i haven't reached that point. Yet....

The last email was a bit more normal (Thank God, one could lose heart very quickly at this rate!) and said a polite "Hey, How are you?"
Since then we have been emailing back and forth a little bit. He seems like a nice guy but can' really tell much from his photo....... Must admit in one way it is kind of fun having a little emil arrive in your inbox when you get in from work, even if it is a strange concept to get your head around while telling a complete stranger things about yourself......

Will keep you posted on how things are going and if i get brave enough to meet up with this mystery man at some point! If anyone has any advice for me or funny experiences to share, I'd love to hear them!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment